NOTE: If you are a MproTV Priority Member you will have unlimited instant access when you log into your account for only $300. per year
Show Videos for this complete series may be viewed at any time!
Join Terri Norvell as she interviews the current Thought Leaders both within multifamily and outside our industry. Leadership issues? Management challenges? NOI frustration? You’ll have access to the pace setting CEOs, VP, DPMs and Authors who are leading the way with creative solutions through this time of massive change.
This show is filled with tactical approaches and application tools to assist both you and your teams. We’ll delve into breaking down management barriers, profit planning, setting expectations and accountability for results, measurement systems, juggling multiple priorities, multi-generational employee engagement, and more. Each interview segment is designed to make your job easier, save you time and grow your NOI. You’ll want to tune into all 12 engaging episodes.
Leadership: Further Your Performance Details
- Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Length: 12 episodes, 60 minutes each
- Subscription:Receive all 11 episodes for only $19.95. eachIf you purchase access for the whole season, you’ll receive unlimited viewing for all shows watched from your IP address via your email address and password (that’s how we monitor usage) for one full year from the purchase date. Videos can be paused and returned to later, and “fast-forward” and “rewind” controls are also available. Keep in mind that our videos are hosted online, so if your computer goes into sleep mode, the video will time out. Once your login is established, watching on demand, anytime, is easy … even at 3 am! Many shows even offer bonus downloads you can access anytime, for example, workbooks to use during the video and lots of other useful resources!
Please note that immediate video-on-demand access is available only during our normal business hours of 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday, Eastern Standard or Daylight Time as orders must be fulfilled by a member of our staff who will provide you a personalized access link via email. All orders received outside of normal business hours (including weekends and holiday closures) will be fulfilled as soon as possible on the next business day.
CLICK HERE to Purchase Episode 1 - Creating an Accountability Culture Featuring Special Guest Robert Carr, Regional VP – Colorado, Weidner Apartment Homes
How is your culture working for you? Your culture tells you and your team how to think and act to achieve desired results. And your culture is more important today than ever before to engage your team and gain NOI. We’ll discuss ways to create an environment in which performance can truly flourish to achieve your critical goals. You’ll get a system for sharing the big picture, aligning each team member’s daily actions, and monitoring progress along with ongoing reinforcement dialogs. The process of ‘see it, own it, resolve it’ will be a game changer with your team. And so will setting up a series of One-on-One’s. Don’t miss this kick-off session!
- Robert Carr started in the industry 21 years ago managing student housing in Boulder as a way to get through college. Over that time, he has held just about every position in our industry including maintenance, housekeeping, grounds and leasing. After college, he began to see property management as a career and not just a means to an end. He considers it a privilege to have worked with Weidner Apartment Homes for the past 14 years, and is currently responsible for a portfolio of 22 communities and just over 4,0000 units in Denver and Colorado Springs. Robert is a Colorado Native and enjoys sailing, cycling, skiing, camping and hiking with his wife and 3 boys.
CLICK HERE to Purchase Episode 2 – Engaging Leadership that Delivers Results Featuring Special Guest Sharon Ingram, Senior Regional VP, Simpson Property Group
Your people want to make you happy and they want to be happy. This is basic human nature. Yes, it’s true. Yet too often, we as leaders get in our own way of achieving the desired results. It’s your philosophies, leadership approach, both long term and immediate expectations along with accountability follow through that are pivotal. Today, it’s no longer enough to simply be aware of the leadership basics, it’s now how you engage that determines success. We’ll delve into: what IS working, what makes it work, who is responsible, what are the benefits, and what’s the action plan? Inspiring and engaging behaviors that deliver consistent results – that’s the goal and it’s easier with this formula.
- With 28 years experience in the multifamily property management industry, Sharon Ingram spent most of her career based in Atlanta, Georgia, managing diverse portfolios of garden and mixed-use properties throughout the southeast. Many of those years she led the management and re-positioning properties for third party clients. She holds a Bachelor degree in Business Administration from Furman University. Currently based in Denver, Colorado, she oversees 4,000 units in Colorado for Simpson Property Group. In addition to holding her CPM® designation she is a Past President of the Apartment Association of Metro Denver and currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Colorado Apartment Assocation.
CLICK HERE to Purchase Episode 3 - Your Thinking Determines Your Results Featuring Special Guest Alex Jakiw, President, Buckingham Companies
Same old thinking = same old results. This changing economy require you to think differently to maximize your results and your team’s results. In this segment we’ll discuss problem solving, decision making, productivity, and efficiency thought processes. We’ll even delve into how to achieve greater overall happiness at work. It is possible. Alex Jackiw is opening up about how she sets the Buckingham properties up for ultimate success. The numbers tell the story and it all starts with how her team members think. This is a unique opportunity to hear and interact with a prominent, national leader in our industry. Alex was the Chairperson of the June 2011 NAA Conference in Vegas (a lot of work – for a huge success) and a recent winning recipient of the 2011 NAAEI Apartment Career & Education Award.
Alex Jackiw is responsible for all property and asset management functions and the development of third-party fee management business. Before joining Buckingham, Jackiw worked with several large publicly traded investment and management companies where she had profit and loss responsibility for portfolios in multi-state areas that included conventional, market-rate properties, full-service retirement communities, and HUD-regulated properties. Her experience includes all aspects of property management, marketing, new business development, and training. Active in professional organizations, Jackiw currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Indiana Apartment Association, National Apartment Association, and National Apartment Association Education Institute. She also holds an appointment as Assistant Professor at Ball State University, where she teaches in the Residential Property Management program. Jackiw is a licensed real estate broker in Indiana and Ohio and holds the Certified Property Manager (CPM®) designation through the Institute of Real Estate Management. She is a graduate of the University of Rochester and received her M.Ed. from Ohio University.
CLICK HERE to Purchase Episode 4 Building a Successful Team of Leaders Featuring Special Guest Lynett Brockman, President, Lynett Brockman & Associates
Stop wondering how some companies achieve outstanding results year after year. In this timely program you will not only get answers, you’ll also learn how to set yourself and your company up for consistent results starting now. It all starts with people. We’ll focus on: identifying leaders within your own team AND identifying leaders to bring on board. Basically, hiring ONLY strong Leaders as you go forward with hiring decisions for ALL positions. Specifically, you’ll get insights on raising The Bar and Defining The Bar; communicating expectations; and upholding accountability. This session is about ‘planning to win – not to struggle any longer’. It’s about iinspiring all your leaders to even greater achievements.
- Lynett Brockman has been involved in the property management segment of Multi Family Real Estate for more than 20 years. Lynett views her extensive experience in the role of Owner / Manager as an essential asset to her in identifying strong talent for both property management and supplier members. Lynett’s company “Career Options-Recruiting Solutions” provides quality options to both candidates and hiring managers. Currently, Lynett is an active member of the Board of Directors for AAMD, serves on multiple committees within the Apartment Association, teaches NALP and writes the “Eye on the Industry” article for Trends Magazine.
CLICK HERE to Purchase Episode 5 SuperCompetent R @ Warp Speed Featuring Special Guest Laura Stack, Expert, Productivity Pro
Long hours. Juggling family and work. Deadlines. High stress levels. Too much to do and no time left? Instead of focusing on ways to simply get more done in equal or less time – we’re going to zero in on ways to get results not just faster, but better, too. You’ll learn the overall best practices referenced in Laura’s best selling books: Find More Time, Leave the Office Earlier, The Exhaustion Cure and her 2010 release, SuperCompetent R. You’ll be inspired to use the key factors that improve results, lower stress and save time. Plus we’ll delve into the hows of being not just competent, rather SuperCompetent R. Reach your maximum potential and achieve breakthrough results.
Laura Stack, MBA, CSP, has consulted with Fortune 500 corporations for nearly 20 years in the field of personal productivity. She helps leaders create high-performance cultures in their teams and organizations and achieve Maximum Results in Minimum Time®. She is the president of The Productivity Pro®, Inc., a time management training firm specializing in productivity improvement in high-stress organizations. Widely regarded as one of the leading experts in the field of employee productivity and workplace issues, she has been featured nationally on the CBS Early Show, CNN, NPR, Bloomberg, NBC TV, WB News, the New York Times, USA Today, the Wall Street Journal, the WashingtonPost.com, the Chicago Tribune, O Magazine, Entrepreneur, Readers Digest, and Forbes magazine. Laura has been a spokesperson for Microsoft, 3M, Skillsoft, Office Depot, and Xerox, and she is the creator of The Productivity Pro® planner by Day-Timer. Her client list includes top Fortune 500 companies, including Starbucks, Wal-Mart, IBM, GM, MillerCoors, Lockheed Martin, Wells Fargo, and Time Warner, plus a multitude of associations and governmental agencies.
CLICK HERE to Purchase Episode 6 Eliminating Road Blocks in Your Organization Featuring Special Guest Rocky Sundling, District Manager, Colorado, Camden
No one likes to feel ‘drilled or grilled‘ when performance road blocks occur. So what’s a manager to proactively do to eliminate organizational challenges? Ask questions! In this episode you’ll learn How to ask the right question, at the right time, to the right person, in the right way to get what you want and what your organization needs. These questions will help you learn strategies for effective upward and downward delegations, getting people to think things through, and take ownership without micromanaging.
- Rocky Sundling currently oversees all Colorado properties for Camden Property Trust (Number 7 on the 2011 Fortune Best Places to Work For list). He has operated conventional, tax credit, subsidized and new construction lease-up properties in all the major markets in Colorado and Texas, as well as Phoenix, Tulsa, Kansas City and Rapid City. He has worked for large publically traded REITs, boutique fee management companies, non-profit affordable housing providers, and a merchant builder in a Pear Tree. Rocky has two grown sons (off the payroll) and lives in Denver with his wife Lisa and a stupid but lovable Flat Coated Retriever.
CLICK HERE to Purchase Live from Multifamilypro’s Brainstorming Sessions Episode 7 Customer Feedback: Improving Much More Than Service Featuring Special Guests Amy Funk, John Selindh, and Marcie Williams, CAM, CAPS, Camden
It’s one thing to ask your customers for feedback, but another to publish those ratings company-wide and even compensate employees based on the results. Learn about how Camden’s survey program raises customer service levels, improves on-line reputation, grows resident referrals and ultimately increases each community’s bottom line. By speaking with a Regional Manager, a Regional Vice President and the Vice President of Marketing, viewers will see how Camden’s unique approach to transparency in customer surveys has been received and is leveraged by communities, regions and on a corporate level. If you want to turn your customers into partners, don’t miss this fast-paced program with a panel broadcasting from three different states!
- Amy Funk oversees the operations of 36 stabilized assets containing more than 13,000 multifamily apartment homes and 317 employees in Texas. Within this portfolio, Funk is also responsible for the management of Camden Miramar (Camden’s only student housing community) and the partnership with Texas A&M University Corpus Christi where she serves on the university’s Housing Committee. With sixteen years experience in the multifamily industry, she has served in multiple capacities within Operations and New Development. She began her career with Camden in 1996, and prior to her promotion to Regional Vice President, she served as a Regional Manager for Camden’s Real Estate Investment Group. During her tenure, she was directly responsible for the design, development, and lease-up of multiple apartment homes in Texas, Florida, Colorado, California, and Nevada valued at more than $600 million.
- As Vice President of Marketing for Camden, John Selindh oversees the national marketing and branding strategies for the company and its almost 200 communities located in 13 states and the District of Columbia. Camden is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol CPT and has been named by FORTUNE Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” in America for the past four years. Prior to joining the Camden in 2003, he has served as Vice President of Marketing, Education or Business Development with industry leaders such as ConAm Management, Fairfield Properties, Western National Property Management and The Irvine Company Apartment Communities. He started in multifamily real estate as a leasing consultant over 25 years ago after working with both marketing and advertising agencies. John is a frequent presenter at industry events on the national level.
- Marcie Williams has been in the Apartment Industry since 1991. She joined Camden in 2005 and is currently a Regional Manager based in the Charlotte, NC office. Marcie is active in the local Apartment Association and has been honored with three of the Greater Charlotte Apartment Association’s (GCAA) prestigious awards: Instructor of the Year in ’06, Volunteer of the Year in ‘04, & Manager of the Year in ‘01. She active on the GCAA Board of Directors, where she also served as President in 2008. She is the current chair of the GCAA’s Education Advisory Council and President of the GCAA Education Foundation. Marcie has instructed National Apartment Association designation programs (including NALP, CAM & CAPS classes in Charlotte AND NALP & CAM classes in Columbus, OH) since 1995. In 2008, she became a member of the NAAEI Faculty with her successful completion of NAAEI Advanced Instructor Training.
CLICK HERE to Purchase Episode 8 Wild Card – Lucky Draw!
Have a hot challenge? This segment will be based on the most prevalent questions you’ve sent in. We’ll delve deeper into a topic area that is timely and pressing to you. You speak, we listen!
CLICK HERE to Purchase Episode 9 Bridging Communication Gaps Featuring Special Guest Mark Windhager, Chief Operating Officer, Red Peak Properties
Got gaps? Knowing that communication IS the lifeblood of an organization doesn’t mean that yours is flowing. Gaps exist and sabotage the best of intent in building and engaging a winning team. Communication gaps cause immense frustration and cost everyone time and hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. We’ll look at specific, easy to implement tactics to start using today. All to align and bridge the gaps with your team, residents and throughout your organization.
- Mark Windhager is the Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer of RedPeak Properties. Mark has more than 20 years of diverse real estate management and development experience and has been associated with the successful development and lease-up of over 11,000 units. Prior to starting RedPeak Properties, Mark was Vice President and an Officer of the Rocky Mountain Region of Legacy Partners Residential, Inc. Preceding his years with Legacy, Mark established the Nevada office of Security Capital Pacific Trust, now a publicly traded company under the name of Archstone/Smith. Before his association with Archstone, he was Regional Manager and Operating Partner for Trammell Crow Residential Services in Colorado and Utah. Mark holds graduate degrees in Business Administration and Real Estate Development as well as a Bachelor of Environmental Design from Texas A&M University in 1986.
CLICK HERE to Purchase Episode 10 Revenue Optimization 1-2-3 at a special time: 11:00 am Eastern, 10:00 am Central, 9: 00 am Mountain, 8:00 am Pacific – Featuring Special Guest Jeff Adler, Sanctuary Consulting Group (previously Chief Property Operating Officer, AIMCO)
Is there room for improvement with your budget? Call it your Profit Plan (it’s your plan for making a profit). So let’s optimize it. We’ll get down to the bottom-line with specific, proven strategies for enhancing your bottom-line. You’ll get common sense ideas that are not normally seen yet are easily implemented. This episode is perfect for budget season – to stop leaving money on the table. Learn valuable ways to increase owner’s revenue while increasing value for your customers….and making yourself look even better!
- Jeffrey Adler is President of The Sanctuary Group, LLC, a multifamily management consulting and investment banking firm, leveraging Mr. Adler’s executive level experience in multifamily property management, value added redevelopment, and asset management. He is currently working with property owners and managers in the student, military, and Canadian segments of the multifamily industry, and has served in senior advisory role with several real estate private equity and hedge funds. Prior to that, Mr. Adler served at AIMCO- Apartment Investment & Management Company (NYSE: AIV, S&P 500) in various senior executive positions from 2002 to 2008. He was Chief Property Operations Officer from Nov 2007 to October 2008 with responsibilities for AIMCO’s Operations platform as well as Information Technology. He was Executive Vice President, AIMCO Property Operations when Affordable Property Operations and Conventional Operations were combined in May 2007. Previously, he had served as EVP, Conventional Property Operations from January 2004. From January 2002 until November 2002 he was Senior Vice President of Risk Management, before adding the role of Senior Vice President of Marketing until January 2004.
CLICK HERE to Purchase Episode 11 Generational Workforce Common Ground Featuring Special Guest Jerry Shultz, Vice President Human Relations, Village Green
Generational dynamics got you feeling stymied? With multiple generations in the workforce it’s essential to find that common ground and develop mutual goals. It’s not a time for ‘us vs. them’. In this timely, on-target program we’ll delve into the details of:
- creating a culture of education and understanding
- understanding that generational traits don’t equate to one generation conceding to another
- the importance of defined career paths – to drive motivation
- keys to appropriate recognition programs that meet the expectations of all generations
- managing confidentiality in a modern day social media based workplace.
- Jerry Shultz Oversees the daily Human Resources operations including training, staffing, employee relations, administration of associate benefits and compensation programs, develops and conducts Human Resources related training classes and talent management company wide. Acts as Company Compliance Officer. Direct reports are Director of Training and Associate Development, Director of Employee Relations, Regional Recruiters, an Human Resources and Benefits Coordinators. Jerry began his career at Village Green in early 2004 and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Management from Wayne State University.
CLICK HERE to Purchase Episode 12 Thinking Like a Business Owner Featuring Special Guests Laynie Miller, Director, UBS Realty Advisors and Pat Hutchison, CAPS, Regional VP, Legacy Partners
In this combo session you’ll hear how a demanding owner and property management company line up to set everyone up for success. We’ll discuss critical components of the sole purpose: consistently achieve the owner’s goals. Plus we’ll delve into the difficult – how to masterfully handle unrealistic expectations and unexpected events. This is a not to be missed, high-value program.
- Laynie Miller is a senior member of UBS Realty Investors, LLC, Apartment Team a division of UBS Global Asset Management, that manages all the multifamily (over 25,000 units) in the company’s real estate portfolios. Laynie currently has asset management responsibilities for more than 5,200 units located in Colorado, Texas and Arizona. She currently oversees five different third party management companies for her portfolio. Additionally her role as asset manager has her actively involved in the acquisitions and dispositions within her geographic territory. Since 1995, she has been involved in 27 acquisitions and 13 dispositions. Laynie is based in the Dallas Tx.
- Pat Hutchison is a Vice President for Legacy Partners Residential, Inc. (LPRI). She joined LPRI in 1992 and is currently is responsible for the property management of the Colorado Region. She relocated to Denver from Northern California, where her focus was the oversight of new development lease-up projects. Ms. Hutchison has over 21 years of multi-family experience having worked as both an on-site Business Manager and District Property Manager. She has led the successful lease-up of several projects in Northern California and Colorado. Recently in 2007, she led the Denver team to rank “Highest in Resident Satisfaction” according to J. D. Powers and Associates. Ms. Hutchison was awarded the 2011 Owner of The Year Award by the Apartment Association of Metro Denver. TIAA-Cref presented her and her team with five Diamond Awards for superior Management of their Denver assets.
ABOUT HOST TERRI:
Terri Norvell’s expertise includes +20 years of property management up-and-down market cycles from the corporate office to the front line. Her background includes serving as VP of marketing & training for a $1.2 billion management & development firm, GM for a $9 million temporary housing company and product management with Frito-Lay, Anderson-Clayton Foods and Southland 7-11 stores in addition to 20 years of performance research.
Terri is a high-energy, high-impact presenter for NAA, NHBA, MultiFamily Pro Brainstorming, TAA, CAA, FAA (to name a few) and property management companies across the country.
She is co-author with Jack Canfield and Ken Blanchard of the highly-acclaimed book, The Masters of Success. And has had articles published in numerous industry publications including Multifamily Executive and UNITS magazine.
Organizations turn to Terri for her ability to help people shift their thinking, turn obstacles into opportunities and take proactive action to thrive in today’s market. She successfully assists teams in achieving bottom-line results.